I’ve been nominated for my second Liebster Award by the lovely Sorbet Sundays (big thanks and love to you!)! She was one of my nominees from my first Liebster Award, and has a really wonderful blog. If you haven’t checked her out before, go say hi to her! I’m extremely grateful to her for sending the nomination back to me, and really loved reading her responses to my own questions.
Part 1: Questions from Sorbet Sundays
- If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Stop judging and be kind. I’ve never been a particularly bad person, but there were always judgmental thoughts in my mind. I trained it out of myself eventually, but I wish I’d done it sooner. I wish I could say ‘stop being so shy, be more confident’, but as I still feel like that now, I don’t think I could preach that to my younger self!
- What is your favourite beauty treat/indulgence?
Oooh. I don’t know if this really counts as a proper indulgence, but every time I wash my hair I use a hair mask instead of conditioner. That probably sounds really lame, but I only wash my hair about once a week (it’s super long, and doesn’t get dirty/greasy in that time, don’t judge haha), so it’s really nice to use a treatment on it. I currently use Aussie’s 3 Minute Miracle for long hair. My hair always feels so soft afterwards, even the ends – which are currently at my hips and haven’t had a trim in almost two years (oops).
- Who is your favourite beauty icon?
I don’t really have a proper one, but I have huge love and respect for Bunny Meyer a.k.a. Grav3yardgirl. She taught me so much about inner and outer beauty. Plus she loves red lipstick.
- Do you have a clothing style, and if so, what is it?
I wouldn’t know how to describe it! I like pretty dresses, floaty skirts, and worker boots. It’s kind of cutesy-indie-grunge (is that even a thing?!).
- What is your favourite makeup style?
I suppose you could call it classic; red lipstick and winged liner. Quite 50’s. I actually don’t wear that much makeup, apart from the in-your-face lipstick.
- What is your favourite quote?
“Have courage and be kind” – Cinderella. I also love anything from Charlie Chaplins speech in The Great Dictator. It’s an absolute masterpiece.
- What do you love and hate about blogging?
I love the sense of community, most people are really sweet and willing to help each other out. It’s also a nice way to outlet and just ramble on about whatever I’m thinking. However, I am no photographer, and I really hate how unprofessional my photos look, and the way I have no idea what I’m doing when trying to take them.
- What is your favourite post you’ve written, and why?
To be honest, I don’t have many posts yet, I’m still a newbie! So I think I haven’t written one that I love yet.
- Who/What is your favourite Instagram account?
Ohhh this is a hard one! There’s so many I love, but one of my favourite’s is that of mummy/lifestyle blogger Constance Hall. She is an absolute Queen, she writes so honestly. Her Instagram is full of wise words and cute pictures of her gorgeous babies.
- What are your top 5 most played songs in your iTunes/music account?
I don’t even know where to begin! Anything by Adele – she is incredible in so many ways. Lippy Kids by Elbow – probably my most favourite song ever, it’s like a lullaby for the soul. The Pieces Don’t Fit Anymore by James Morrisson – I don’t know what it is about this song because it’s quite sad, but I love it. I Put A Spell On You by Nina Simone – jazzy, bluesy, empowering. Let Me Sign by Robert Pattinson – kind of a weird one, but his voice is nothing like you would imagine, and I love it.
- What do you daydream about?
Getting married and having lots of babies. That and being a Disney Princess. Ha ha.
Part 2: 11 Random Facts About Me
- I love to sing, but only if I’m on a stage, or in my kitchen while no one else is home.
- I really really want to be a Disney princess. Preferable Rapunzel or Sleeping Beauty, but I’m not fussy.
- I’m a vegetarian as of March 2016 – I’m a newbie veggie, and I love it!
- I’m a real romantic.
- I cry at everything. Like seriously everything. Just ask my boyfriend.
- I’ve done a little bit of hair modelling (nothing professional), and I loved it! Would definitely do it again if given the opportunity.
- I did 3 years of sixth form because I was too scared to leave and go to college. I’m glad that I did though because that last year was the one that built up my confidence the most, and also without that time, I never would have got together with my boyfriend.
- I love thunderstorms, and the sound of the rain.
- I hate going out clubbing. It gets to 11pm (usually when you’re actually leaving to go out) and I start to wonder why I’m not in bed. What a grandma.
- I’ve never been outside of Europe!
- I always wear socks to bed.
Part 3: 11 Questions for My Nominees
- If you were a Disney Princess, which one would you be?
- What is your dream job/career?
- What is your best healthy living tip/advice?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- What is your dream holiday?
- Who is the biggest inspiration in your life?
- What’s the best piece of advice anyone has given you?
- If you could only buy clothes from one shop for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- What song always puts you in a good mood?
- If you could choose to meet anyone in the world (alive or dead), who would it be?
- What is your favourite lipstick?
Part 4: My Liebster Award Nominees
Again, huge love to Sorbet Sundays for nominating me for the Liebster Award, and I can’t wait to read my nominees responses!
Have a lovely day,