Big thank you to the lovely Roisin at Everythings Looking Rosie for nominating me for the Liebster Award! As a newbie it’s lovely to be supported in this way, and quite an honour. If you hadn’t nominated me, I would be nominating you! I wasn’t completely familiar with the award, but now I am, I’m extremely grateful! Here are the rules:
Part 1: Questions From Everythings Looking Rosie
- How did you pick your blogs name?
I’ve been wearing red lipstick since I was about 15, I wear it pretty much everyday, and have barely worn another colour since. As it’s essentially my signature look, I thought it would be an appropriate name!
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
Stop caring what other people think, and do what makes you happy. People are going to judge you and be mean, because that’s what people do. Find the ones who are kind and caring and hold on to them. And be one of those people yourself.
- What are 3 makeup items you could not live without?
This actually works out very well for me, because as a general rule, I only use 3 items! A matte red lipstick (my current favourite is Mac Ruby Woo), concealer (I use Seventeen Staytime Concealer in Extra Fair), and mascara (I’m currently using Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Cat Eyes Mascara). This is my go-to unless I have more time (or just motivation) on my hands.
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
Shy, sensitive, crazy. Yeah, that sounds about right!
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Cheeseburgers. I love cheeseburgers.
- What’s your favourite post you’ve written?
I think so far (because there haven’t been many yet) it would be my first post about singing (read it here). My singing journey is something very dear to me, and is something I’m continuing to work on.
- What’s your favourite makeup brand?
This is a difficult one, I think at the moment I don’t strictly have a favourite at the moment (I haven’t found ‘the one’ yet!), but based on what is mostly in my makeup bag, I’d have to go with either Rimmel or Sleek.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
My absolute favourite place in the world is Grindelwald in Switzerland. If I could move there I would. It’s unbelievably beautiful, surrounded by mountains, the people are lovely, and the food is incredible. In the summer, the mountains are green and flowery, and its warm and sunny. But in the winter, its a real snowy wonderland. I love it there.
- What is your signature dish?
I love to cook, I’m always looking for new recipes to try. But one of my best is a pasta dish, with chicken, bacon, peppers, tomato and mascarpone sauce, tortellini, and copious amounts of cheese. It’s really good (even if I do say so myself!). My mum and boyfriend loved it.
- What’s your favourite quote?
- Your biggest pet peeve?
Judgmental people and general unkindness. I can’t stand to see people judging others for their looks, life choices, career choice, sexuality, skin colour, size, or just anything. Live and let live. If it’s not hurting anyone, it’s none of your business. While everyone (including myself) has done at least one of those things in their life, it’s important to grow as a person and better yourself.
Part 2: 11 Random Facts About Me
- I went to a dance college for 3 years and I still can’t dance.
- I don’t like any sports. Not one (much to my boyfriends disappointment).
- When I was 12, I insisted on only wearing pink clothes (yes, really).
- When I was 16, I refused to wear trousers or jeans – skirts and dress only!
- I’ve never broken a bone, but someone did throw a rock at me and cut my head open when I was 11.
- I LOVE 40’s & 50’s style clothes and hair.
- I can’t cope with anything gory or psychologically disturbing in any way – nightmares for weeks!
- I can only drink coffee if it’s mild, and full of copious amounts of cream and sugar. We’re talking about 7 teaspoons of sugar. Needless to say I don’t drink it very often.
- I love cheesecake, but only if it’s chocolate or vanilla, and I don’t eat the biscuit part. So actually I only like cheesecake filling.
- I always wanted to be in Downton Abbey.
- I have a mild obsession with fairy lights and candles.
Part 3: Questions For My Nominees
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
- What is your favourite lipstick?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your personal mantra?
- What is your one essential fashion item?
- If you could only shop in one clothes store for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- What are your handbag essentials?
- What is your favourite restaurant?
- Why did you start blogging?
Part 4: My Liebster Award Nominees
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
So thankyou to Everything’s Looking Rosie, and I can’t wait to read everyone else’s responses!
Have a lovely day x